[Iiimf-skk-devel.en] How can I have a try on iiimf-skk?

アーカイブの一覧に戻る

Lau zenit****@i-cab*****
2003年 1月 19日 (日) 02:44:39 JST

Hi,

    I am not a Japaness, so, I have to write this mail in English.

    I am going to implement an IIIMF lang. engine for Traditional Chinese, with some
special requirement, I want to use GTK2 for the UI (xaux?).

    Though, I have some background on XIM, but I am totally a beginner in IIIMF,
I know that, iiimf-skk is a good language engine on IIIMF, also using GTK+, so I just
got the source, and going to give it a try, as I think that, the code of IIIMF-skk would
be a good reference for me.

    However, most of the information about iiimf-skk is in Japanese, asking my question
in this ML would be my last choice!

    Do anyone one can show me all necessary step to use iiimf-skk?
    Do anyone can point me to some more docs about iiimf-skk in english, if there is any?

    In my limited knowledge, I try to test all the stuff by this,
    1. Get the IIIMF r11 branches, make and install it.
    2. Get the iiimf-skk 0.1.22, make and install it.
    3. Start the htt and httx by
        /usr/local/bin/htt -if skk -syslog &
        /usr/lib/im/httx -if skk -lc_basiclocale ja_JP -xim
    4. Setting the env var in a term and fire up a gedit (gtk+2) to test with
        export XMODIFIERS=@im=htt
        export LC_CTYPE=ja_JP
        gedit

    5. However, though, the step seems ok, at least the server is running, but
        in gedit, whatever I type "cntl+space" or "select the input module in gedit context menu"
        nothing happen.

    What should I do??

Thanks,
Lau