[tomoyo-users-en 144] Re: environment variables too long?

アーカイブの一覧に戻る
Tetsuo Handa from-****@I-lov*****
Tue Apr 13 13:52:01 JST 2010

Hello.

Thank you for trying TOMOYO.

> Is this familiar behavior?  Am I exceeding a maximum length?  Do you have
> any advice how to diagnose the problem?

The maximum length is 4086 characters. If environment variable string is longer
than 4086 characters, only beginning 4086 characters are checked.

> allow_env spool/n03/active_jobs/175.1

"allow_env" line prints environment variable's name rather than its value.

What you are seeing should be a bug which existed in
ccs-patch-1.7.0-20090903.tar.gz and ccs-patch-1.7.0-20090911.tar.gz .
Since I was by error using the same buffer for both environment variable's name
and value, "allow_env" line was printing environment variable's value.

This bug was fixed in ccs-patch-1.7.1-20091220.tar.gz . You can use

http://sourceforge.jp/frs/redir.php?f=/tomoyo/43375/ccs-patch-1.7.2-20100412.tar.gz
MD5: 1111e0154b330d3de8941edc4737d85b

If you want to disable "allow_env" checking due to performance reason (although
it is recommended to enable "allow_env" checking in order to protect from
dangerous environment variables such as LD_PRELOAD), you can append

 0-CONFIG::misc::env={ mode=disabled }
 1-CONFIG::misc::env={ mode=disabled }
 2-CONFIG::misc::env={ mode=disabled }
 3-CONFIG::misc::env={ mode=disabled }

to /etc/ccs/profile.conf and reload it by

    /usr/sbin/ccs-loadpolicy p

If you don't need grant logs (for improving performance), you can append

 0-CONFIG={ mode=disabled grant_log=no reject_log=yes }
 1-CONFIG={ mode=learning grant_log=no reject_log=yes }
 2-CONFIG={ mode=permissive grant_log=no reject_log=yes }
 3-CONFIG={ mode=enforcing grant_log=no reject_log=yes }

to /etc/ccs/profile.conf and reload it by

    /usr/sbin/ccs-loadpolicy p

Regards.